Briefing a New Logo
There are many reasons why you might be looking for a new logo for your website.
- Perhaps you have changed how you operate significantly over time
- Maybe you have added a new range of services or products, or have acquired another business
- You may even just think your existing logo is tired and dated
Whatever your reason for thinking about a new logo and branding for your business, the most important step you can take is to write a good brief.
Whether you ask The Marketing Team to work on your new look or not, knowing what you want to achieve before you start is vital. So ask yourself these simple questions:
- What do you want to achieve?
- Who will be looking at it?
- What are your most basic business values?
- What colours will work for your business?
- Do you need a logo that will work in portrait display as well as landscape?
- What other logo’s do you like and why?
- What other logo’s do you hate, and why?
If you’ve been through these basic starters-for-ten, then the team you ask to come up with the creatives will have a headstart on producing something that really works for you.
Top Tip: ask your design team to work in black and white to start with. This means you won’t be distracted by colour before you decide on shape and layout!