Try a different pair of shoes
Sometimes marketing your own business can feel like really hard work. They just don’t always ‘get’ what it is you’re offering, or how it’s relevant to them.
So try this.
Marketing is about trying on a different pair of shoes.
It’s never a waste of time to put yourself in someone else’s shoes. Imagine the challenges their lives and businesses present them with.
Think about what might be driving them to need a product or service like yours. What are the circumstances? Is it an emergency or a luxury (or, more usually) somewhere in between?
If you give it the right amount of time, this will spawn a large number of other questions:
- Where would they naturally buy your product or service?
- Are there competitor strengths and established relationships you need to overcome?
- Where do they look when they have that need?
- What will make them choose you over your competition?
- What can you do to put your business in the right place, at the right time, and at the right price?
Walking a mile in someone else’s shoes is really quite fundamental to understanding what makes good marketing for your business. Making people want to buy from you rather than having to sell.
If you’d like help looking at your customer bases’ journey to spending money with you, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 01832 226421.